WordPress

I've made the move to WordPress!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, please visit:
http://desultorythought.wordpress.com
.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Logo? How to Set Your Blogger Icon

I am proud to announce that I have a new logo for the site. I am using this logo on my other Desultory Thought site - http://www.desultorythought.blip.tv as well, and it's much smaller on there, so I am curious to know if it is decently easy to make out (the DT specifically).

If you are wondering, I made it in Inkscape - which, although it takes some getting used to (I still probably only know 5% of it?) is an awesome and robust program. It's a vector graphic editor and although it's pretty intense for the system, Windows 7 seemed to handle it well.

Since I finally created a logo for the blog, I wanted to be able to use it as my icon for the page. I am not sure if I somehow overlooked it time and again or if it was a more recent addition to the feature set (thinking it was the latter), but Blogger has provided an easy way to do it.

  1. Login to your Blogger blog.
  2. Click "Design".
  3. Click the "Page Elements" link.
  4. Click the "Edit" link next to "Favicon".
  5. Click "Browse" to choose an icon file. Your icon can be only 100kb, and for the best appearance you should make sure it is a perfect square.
  6. Click "Save". (To use that icon file.)
  7. Click "Save" again. (To save your changes to your blog.)
Voila! Now when people pull up your Blogger blog, they'll see your own custom icon instead of the default orange blogger image. 

Before you go, let me know what you think of my own new icon or how it could be improved!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the time you are taking to make this comment.


ShareThis